THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Reports to: Head of On Trade
Key internal relationships: Head of On Trade, Head of Trade Activation, Scotland Trade Activation Managers, Sales Operations Executive
Key external relationships: Regional and National Account Managers, Operations Managers, Flagship Group Owners, Pub / Bar Group Buyers
1. Work collaboratively with the Head of On Trade to build a focussed new business target list that helps us execute our brand equity led strategy in your region
2. Unlock new draught distribution from your target list, taking ownership of every step of the process from prospecting new accounts, to pitching the beer, negotiating commercials and ultimately closing the new listing.
3. Grow our presence, sales line and influence in our existing accounts; building sustainable business, best in class relationships and ensuring we’re the best selling craft beer on their bar.
4. Utilise the support of the trade activation team to build brand awareness and drive ROS in your key accounts and groups, e.g. group wide incentives, site activation events.
5. Develop a strong network within our partner wholesalers, work collaboratively with their sales teams to unlock business with their customers and build industry leading relationships with our RTMs.
6. Support our Trade Activation team delivering the best consumer experience of a pint of JUBEL, keeping it consistent across the on-trade, everything from the glass it’s served in, the way it’s described on menu, the consistent use of branded assets and the quality of the dispense.
7. Develop a network of key buyers, sales teams and influential people in the industry to drive JUBEL's profile in the region, opening doors and opportunities for you and the wider team to take advantage of.
8. Full ownership of delivery of the on-trade number across your patch, ensuring we’re growing both invoiced sales and ROS month on month across your account base.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties and is subject to review in agreement with the postholder.
Qualification: degree, preferably in relevant area such as business, marketing or management
Behaviour: someone who shares and displays the JUBEL culture:
I. Values Driven: our five values aren’t just words on a wall. They are the attitudes, behaviours and skills we value in our team to influence who gets hired, promoted, or let go. We embrace diverse personalities and working styles, but every team member lives and breathes our five values:
1. Thirsty: outstanding delivery through an insatiable drive, work ethic, and external competitiveness - want it
2. Action Oriented: working at race pace with a positive and open mind towards everything, doing beats talking
3. Sustainable: operating in a way so that our planet, relationships, sales and energy levels are all built to last
4. Off-Piste: safe = risky. Bold and brave approach with smart risks and no fear of failure
5. Curious: strong and broad appetite to learn - ask questions, be humble, embrace feedback
II. High Performance: We believe the best perk we can offer people is a team of great people to work with who are equally motivated, passionate and driven.
III. Freedom & Responsibility: People who take real responsibility are rare - self-starting, motivated, disciplined, proactive, not letting anything slip through the net, and working as hard on their own as they do in front of others. We hire for real responsibility so we can have true autonomy. You are treated like an adult and trusted, so you won’t be asked where you are or what you’re doing.
Knowledge & Experience
- Excellent relationship builder internally and externally
- Effective negotiation and a good understanding of commercials
- Ability to take initiative and achieves goals with levels of autonomy
- Technical ability to prepare and deliver compelling sales presentations
- Strong experience within the on-trade
- Enthusiasm & ambition
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Negotiation skills and track record of commercial delivery
- Relationship building
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Analytical & Organised
Start date: as soon as possible
Location: Field Based, Edinburgh / Glasgow
Salary banding: £35,000-£40,000 (based on experience)
Travel: regional travel allowance for work purposes
Share options: every member of the team is issued share options each year they are with the business
Annual gift: £100 gift budget for each year you are with the business (e.g. year 3 = £300 to spend however you wish)
Hours: full-time, flexibility will be essential as occasionally you will be required to work some evenings and weekends
Holiday policy: unlimited holiday policy
Wellbeing: private healthcare, dental care and stress relief counselling service, plus monthly personal wellbeing budget
Team engagement: annual ski trip in March with everything apart from spending money covered by the company
JUBEL is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, or other protected characteristic.