THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Reports to: Events & Festivals Lead
Key internal relationships: Events Manager, Head of Commercial, Logistics Executive, Field Marketing Executive
Key external relationships: Key stakeholders at events and festivals, event and festival bar operators, logistics partners, asset delivery and management partners, event and festival owners.
Back of House
1. Event planning: an essential part of smashing our festivals and events comes down to being all over the detail. You’ll be in charge of keeping us ahead of the game all year across by creating efficient ways to forecast and track asset usage, stock, production timelines and more.
2. Beer logistics: you will be responsible for organising the transport of stock and assets into events as well as the collection of stock and assets following the event, working with third party partners on bar movements and working with our logistics executive to move beer.
3. Event pre-work: ensuring we have completed all relevant documents prior to the event, method statements, RAMS, insurance and invoicing details. You will assist the Events & Festivals Lead in the creation of a post-event evaluation wrap up form. Working swiftly, being extremely organised, and all over the detail.
Front of House
1. Build & break: once the planning is done then it comes down to execution. You will work with the events manager to bring all the planning and pre-work to life for a festival, and then pack it all back down and get it off site so we can go again the next week.
2. Beer quality: you will work with the Events & Festival Lead to ensure all festival bar staff are educated on the story of JUBEL and are encouraged to upsell our product. You will also be responsible for ensuring festival bars are constantly stocked with beer throughout the event, visibility across bars is high, and that the quality of the product experience for festival goers is top notch.
3. Activation support: working alongside the Events & Festivals Lead to ensure the JUBEL activation space runs smoothly and is providing a memorable experience to the consumer throughout the event. You will be sampling festival goers at key times to ensure we are recruiting as many new consumers as possible.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties and is subject to review in agreement with the postholder.
Qualification: strong academic track record, no formal qualifications required
Behaviour: someone who shares and displays the JUBEL culture:
I. Values Driven: our five values aren’t just words on a wall. They are the attitudes, behaviours and skills we value in our team to influence who gets hired, promoted, or let go. We embrace diverse personalities and working styles, but every team member lives and breathes our five values:
1. Thirsty: outstanding delivery through an insatiable drive, work ethic, and external competitiveness - want it
2. Action Oriented: working at race pace with a positive and open mind towards everything, doing beats talking
3. Sustainable: operating in a way so that our planet, relationships, sales and energy levels are all built to last
4. Off-Piste: safe = risky. Bold and brave approach with smart risks and no fear of failure
5. Curious: strong and broad appetite to learn - ask questions, be humble, embrace feedback
II. High Performance: We believe the best perk we can offer people is a team of great people to work with who are equally motivated, passionate and driven.
III. Freedom & Responsibility: People who take real responsibility are rare - self-starting, motivated, disciplined, proactive, not letting anything slip through the net, and working as hard on their own as they do in front of others. We hire for real responsibility so we can have true autonomy. You are treated like an adult and trusted, so you won’t be asked where you are or what you’re doing.
Knowledge & Experience
- Extremely strong organisation and planning skills
- Ability to travel and work in-line with a busy festival season (i.e. lots of weekends)
- Experience of event organisation or management
- Good understanding of a successful brand activation
- A sociable individual who loves the festival atmosphere
- Attention to detail
- Quick problem solving / calm under pressure
- Action-oriented / work at a fast pace
- Relationship Building
Start date: January 2024
Location: office based in Kennington, London and field based on-site at festivals during festival season
Salary banding: £30,000
Share options: every member of the team is issued share options each year they are with the business
Annual gift: £100 gift budget for each year you are with the business (e.g. year 3 = £300 to spend however you wish)
Hours: full-time, flexibility will be essential as you will be required to work lots of weekends in this role in the height of festival season
Holiday policy: unlimited holiday policy
Wellbeing: private healthcare, dental care and stress relief counselling service, plus monthly personal wellbeing budget
Team engagement: annual ski trip in March with everything apart from spending money covered by the company
JUBEL is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, or other protected characteristic.