THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Reports to: Head of Trade Activation
Key internal relationships: Head of On Trade, Brand Manager, Head of Trade Activation, London Key Account Manager
Key external relationships: key stakeholders in flagship customers including GM’s, AM’s, event managers, ops managers and CEOs
1. Key Accounts Ownership - you will take full responsibility for looking after some of our best accounts in the region and being the face of JUBEL. We want to be the best brand our venues work with so your focus will be engaging bar managers, bar staff and consumers alike, ensuring the beer is flying through the taps and that we're all over the detail.
2. Sampling - our beer is delicious, so the simplest way to drive sales growth is getting more consumers to try it for the first time. A key focus for the role will be delivering creative and memorable experiences for consumers when getting a JUBEL in their hand for the very first time, so we're recruiting as many new drinkers as possible and we are the talk of the on-trade.
3. Staff Training - we cant be in sites the whole time, so getting the bar teams who work in the venues we are stocked in day in day out onside is critical. A lot of your focus will be engaging with bar teams, building strong personal relationships, educating them on our beer and the story behind JUBEL, giving them a chance to try JUBEL before they get it in the hands of consumers, and building some of the best incentives that the on trade has seen.
4. Serve Consistency - it's pointless getting beers in hands if the quality is poor, so you'll be responsible for driving high quality of draught serve across your sites. We want to ensure that every consumer experience of a pint of JUBEL is a 10/10, which includes everything from the glass it’s served in, to the way it’s described on the menu, the consistent use of branded assets and the quality of the dispense.
5. Network - the on trade is a small place and good news travels fast. You be expected to build and maintain an outstanding on-trade network across flagship site owners, influential GM’s, activation partners and head office teams of key groups to ensure JUBEL is front of mind in all their future plans
6. Interns & Ambassadors - you can't be in multiple accounts at once, and sometimes we'll want to plug in extra resource to support activations across the trade, particularly in summer. You'll be responsible for up-skilling and briefing our interns and ambassadors, to ensure they're a good representation of our brand and they deliver brilliant activations with or without you by their side.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties and is subject to review in agreement with the postholder.
Qualification: No formal qualifications required but A levels or a degree in any subject is preferable.
Behaviour: someone who shares and displays the JUBEL culture:
I. Values Driven: our five values aren’t just words on a wall. They are the attitudes, behaviours and skills we value in our team to influence who gets hired, promoted, or let go. We embrace diverse personalities and working styles, but every team member lives and breathes our five values:
1. Thirsty: outstanding delivery through an insatiable drive, work ethic, and external competitiveness - want it
2. Action Oriented: working at race pace with a positive and open mind towards everything, doing beats talking
3. Sustainable: operating in a way so that our planet, relationships, sales and energy levels are all built to last
4. Off-Piste: safe = risky. Bold and brave approach with smart risks and no fear of failure
5. Curious: strong and broad appetite to learn - ask questions, be humble, embrace feedback
II. High Performance: We believe the best perk we can offer people is a team of great people to work with who are equally motivated, passionate and driven.
III. Freedom & Responsibility: People who take real responsibility are rare - self-starting, motivated, disciplined, proactive, not letting anything slip through the net, and working as hard on their own as they do in front of others. We hire for real responsibility so we can have true autonomy. You are treated like an adult and trusted, so you won’t be asked where you are or what you’re doing.
Knowledge & Experience
- Good at nurturing existing relationships and building new ones
- Effective negotiation and a strong understanding of commercials
- Strong at public speaking and presenting
- Strong organisation and planning skills
- A sociable individual who loves a night out
- Relationship building
- Problem solving / calm under pressure
Start date: as soon as possible
Location: Field Based, London
Salary banding: £30,000-£33,000 (based on experience)
Travel: Zones 1&2 London Travelcard
Share options: every member of the team is issued share options each year they are with the business
Annual gift: £100 gift budget for each year you are with the business (e.g. year 3 = £300 to spend however you wish)
Hours: full-time, flexibility will be essential as occasionally you will be required to work some evenings and weekends
Holiday policy: unlimited holiday policy
Wellbeing: private healthcare, dental care and stress relief counselling service, plus monthly personal wellbeing budget
Team engagement: annual ski trip in March with everything apart from spending money covered by the company
JUBEL is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, or other protected characteristic.