THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Job title: Retail and Activation Summer Intern
Reports to: London Trade Activation Manager
Key internal relationships: London TAM, Off Trade NAE, London Activation Lead, Off Trade NAM
Key external relationships: Retail store managers, store colleagues, bar managers, bar staff, JUBEL customers
Key responsibilities - Retail
1. Feature & fixture - shoppers have a massive amount of choice, and most often they just want a cold can. Landing incremental chiller feature, shelf space & increased visibility is key for getting JUBEL in the basket. You’ll unlock in-store opportunities & discretionary space by building great relationships with store managers.
2. Liquid on lips - JUBEL is the No.1 beer in the category for product loyalty, repeat rate & units per purchase, so getting liquid on lips with new customers really is the key to long term growth. You’ll play a crucial role in this by executing couponing sessions and pop-up sampling to get retail volume pumping.
3. Always available - if we’re not on shelf then we can’t be bought, it’s as simple as that. You’ll leverage your understanding of the category, retail systems & customer demand to make sure retailers have plenty of stock to always have JUBEL available.
Key responsibilities - Activations
1. Staff engagement - engaging bar teams through building strong personal relationships to win their hearts, educating them on our beer and the story behind JUBEL to win their minds, and implementing effective incentives to win their wallets
2. Sampling - our beer is delicious but still not widely enough known, so sampling is our biggest growth driver. A key focus of the role will be delivering killer, memorable, always-on sampling sessions in our key accounts so we’re hitting and recruiting as many new consumers as possible.
3. On-trade consistency - ensure that the consumer experience of a pint of JUBEL is super consistent across the on-trade, everything from the glass it’s served in, the way it’s described on menu, the consistent use of branded assets and the quality of the dispense.
4. Activations - supporting the trade activation team in executing highly impactful activations in London On Trade accounts to deliver memorable brand moments, get JUBEL in more hands, add value to our customers and engage our consumers
This is not an exhaustive list of duties and is subject to review in agreement with the postholder.
Qualification: no formal qualifications required but a strong academic track record is preferred
Behaviour: someone who shares and displays the JUBEL culture:
I. Values Driven: our five values aren’t just words on a wall. They are the attitudes, behaviours and skills we value in our team to influence who gets hired, promoted, or let go. We embrace diverse personalities and working styles, but every team member lives and breathes our five values:
1. Thirsty: outstanding delivery through an insatiable drive, work ethic, and external competitiveness - want it
2. Action Oriented: working at race pace with a positive and open mind towards everything, doing beats talking
3. Sustainable: operating in a way so that our planet, relationships, sales and energy levels are all built to last
4. Off-Piste: safe = risky. Bold and brave approach with smart risks and no fear of failure
5. Curious: strong and broad appetite to learn - ask questions, be humble, embrace feedback
II. High Performance: We believe the best perk we can offer people is a team of great people to work with who are equally motivated, passionate and driven.
III. Freedom & Responsibility: People who take real responsibility are rare - self-starting, motivated, disciplined, proactive, not letting anything slip through the net, and working as hard on their own as they do in front of others. We hire for real responsibility so we can have true autonomy. You are treated like an adult and trusted, so you won’t be asked where you are or what you’re doing.
- Self starting, motivated & proactive
- Relationship building
- Excellent communicator
- Enthusiasm & ambition
- Detail orientated
Start date: June 2024 (3 month internship)
Location: Field Based, London
Salary: £400 per week, plus bonus / incentive scheme
Benefits: Zones 1&2 London Travelcard
Hours: 36 hours per week; flexibility will be essential as you will be required to work evenings and weekends.
JUBEL is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, or other protected characteristic.